Monday, December 15, 2008

Woman Bilked Of $400K By Nigerian Internet Scam

Folks, as an IT Professional, I am keenly aware of the current state of  computer security, and the "shadow economy" of cybercrime. I am a student of IT Sec (as it's known), and I try to keep my readers abreast of the latest threats and trends.. and scams.

I look forward to Bruce Schneier's monthly newsletter (name "CRYPTO-GRAM"). You can find Mr. Schneier's website on my Blogroll.
To get the full benefit of his keen wit, one must follow the links he provides. One led me to this video..

I am not exactly sure of the original date of this story, but the blogs are atwitter with it now.

This is the oldest scam on the Internet (well.. one of the oldest anyways) and, frankly, I'm kind of flabberghasted. Doesn't she read Tech-for Everyone?

Copyright 2007-8 © Tech Paul. All rights reserved.jaanix post to jaanix

No comments: