Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm Really Looking For New Friends

There is a *new* phishing method being employed on chat clients such as Skype. The cyber-criminals really, really, really want you to click on the links they send, so...
SkypePhish2

They spam messages posing as young men and women who are "really just looking for new friends".
It is similar to a "make a new Buddy" request

This is just a 'sex' twist on the 'fear' social engineering ploy I warned you about here, Skype- "Windows Requires Immediate Attention!"

I am too tired of this game to backtrack this hyperlink, so I can't tell you if responding to this chat will try to install spyware on your machine, try to sell you a "rogue anti-malware program", or both..
I will simply say -- once again -- never click the link.

I got six of these this weekend.. Wow! I'm popular, all of a sudden.

Copyright 2007-8 © Tech Paul. All rights reserved.jaanix post to jaanix

No comments: