Thursday, June 26, 2008

What is a Szirbi?! (And my Top Movies list)

E-mails which spoof the Classmates.com site by sending messages saying "there is an update on friend information", or send a video link with a message stating, “Here's a link of you doing something stupid” contain links which will infect your computer with Scirzi and turn it into a spambot.
So many people have been infected this way that spam has tripled in the last week. This article, Szirbi Botnet Causes Spam To Triple In A Week explains further.
And please folks, don't click the links in e-mails. If you really must go to the site, type the link into your browser bar.

Folks, it is summertime here where I live, and old Tech Paul is fixin' to put on his flip flops, bermuda shorts, straw hat and just "chill out" for well-deserved several days of vacationing.
I will post some prior articles, and maybe a small article, but I won't do any heavy lifting.

In the spirit of goofing off, and taking it easy, I spent a little time thinking about what movies I needed to gather up for my popcorn-and-favorite-movies-marathon, scheduled for sometime this week.
I wound up assembling a Top 30 Movies Of All Time list (I was aiming at 20.. then 25..) which I posit to you here for your consideration.

True Grit
Saving Private Ryan
Unforgiven
Forrest Gump
North by Northwest
The Maltese Falcon
Double Indemnity
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
The Big Sleep
Dr. Strangelove
Rear Window
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World
Casablanca
The Caine Mutiny
The Shootist
Anatomy of a Murder
Best Years of Our Lives
Fargo
It Happened One Night
Arsenic and Old Lace
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
The Searchers
The African Queen
Full Metal Jacket
The Sting
The Wild Bunch
It's a Wonderful Life
Die Hard
Night of the Living Dead
Rocky

I did spend a little time arranging them in order, but.. I am not convinced this is my final version of this list and that I'll want to "tweak" it some. I am also fairly certain that shortly after posting this, I'll have a slap-my-forehead moment and remember a title that should have been included... that's how it usually works with me.

Your comments, input, and critiques are welcome.
[Note: I am not of the female persuassion, and so a chick flick (aka "romantic comedy") will never appear on my Top Movies list. Please don't bother to suggest any.]

Copyright 2007-8 © Tech Paul. All rights reserved.jaanix post to jaanix

No comments: