Saturday, March 21, 2009

Worldwide Telescope Now In Your Browser

A while ago now, I shared with my readers my visit to Microsoft Research headquarters here in the Silicon Valley, where I witnessed the "unveiling" of a new application called "the worldwide telescope".
(please see, The WorldWide Telescope: An amazing app)

IMHO, this is simply the best exploration and education tool for astronomy (though you can explore our Earth quite impressively too) available.

[vodpod id=Groupvideo.2247608&w=425&h=350&fv=playerType%3Dembedded%26amp%3Btype%3Did%26amp%3Bvalue%3D32446]

So, I was rather pleased to read on C/Net's News that this terrific program has been 'ported' for use via a Silverlight-enabled web browser (Internet Explorer). Download the "client" (a plug-in) and you can now browse the heavens anywhere, anytime.

Instead of Copy > Paste-ing, I'll just refer you to the C/Net article, for details.

Copyright 2007-9 © Tech Paul. All rights reserved.jaanix post to jaanix
Share this post :

No comments: